What Should I Do If I Cannot Focus On My Homework?
When homework bogs you down due to concentration related issues, it’s high time you should pay special attention and develop strategies to enhance your concentration.
Follow some incredible tips and implement them diligently and see the difference in you-
- Seek a quiet surrounding: Since you have concentrated related issues you need to convince your soul and mind to get the result. If you can’t find an isolated place, do your homework in a public library.
- Accumulate all the stuff necessary to complete homework: It includes all the textbooks, copies, stationery, glass, bottle, snacks etc. Keep them organized so that you do not leave your table very now and then. Tidiness sticks you to studies. Little snacks and lots of water intake keeps you fresh and active keeping your butt on the chair.
- Keep distractions miles away: No computers, social media networking, cell phones and television should lie in your vicinity. Pick calls or text messages in your break time only or when very necessary. Listen to soft music or instrumental music to lighten your mindset and eliminate stress.
- Prepare a checklist of homework: Make a separate checklist separate from your school planner. Write what needs to be done against each subject.
- Schedule all homework: Allot time for all subject homework and take a small break to revitalize yourself. Deadlines will increase your working speed and working efficiency.
- Take breaks between two assignments: Mind takes little time to switch from one subject to another. Watch TV, take a stroll in garden and then come back to study mode again.
- Recopy your notes to make your transition easy.
- Always do difficult assignments first: It’s because your attention span is more when you are fresh. Energy depletes as time goes on. Furthermore when you do time consuming tasks first, it becomes easy to manage and later when your energy is in depletion state, you can manage easy assignments.
- Speak aloud or whisper while you write: It increases your attention span and keeps you engrossed while making you learn things fast.
- Keep checking of the list as you complete: It relieves stress and makes you feel better when you start new work.
- Keep things aside that are difficult to manage: Do not spend too much time. Offer some trials and give a last shot before you go to sleep.
- Stay motivated: Do not take too much caffeine. It will disrupt your health. Go for joint study if any study sounds difficult.
Praise yourself when you are done.